- This event has passed.
Attention all Undergraduates, Staff and Faculty interested in
languages, world cultures, and/or the Humanities:
You are invited to participate in a series of meetings, where you will discover how words/concepts essential to the human experience across cultures have acquired different meanings in different languages due to specific historical, social, political, and cultural contexts. These dialogues will culminate in a final Symposium where participants will compete for prizes, including a $300 award for the 1st Place Final Presentation!
Meetings will take place on the following dates in Royce Hall room 236 from 1pm-2:15pm.
- Week 2: Thursday, October 12 — Education
- Week 4: Thursday, October 26 — Work
- Week 7: Thursday, November 16 — Humanity / Humanities
- Week 2: Friday, January 19 — Good /Evil
- Week 4: Friday, February 2 — War/ Peace
- Week 7: Friday, February 23 — Resistance
- Week 9: Friday, March 9 — Duty
- Week 2: Friday, April 13 — Identity
- Week 4: Friday, April 27 — Democracy
- Week 6: Friday, May 18 — Preparation and practice for the symposium
- Week 9: Friday, June 1— Humanities Dialogues Symposium
Sponsored by the UCLA Division of Humanities, Department of French & Francophone Studies, Department of Germanic Languages, and Department of Italian
Please send questions and inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org