- This event has passed.
Aristotle: Forever After?
May 1 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
A roundtable organized by Giulia Sissa (Classics, Political Science, UCLA).
- Iacopo Costa (CNRS and Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne)
“Can We Bypass the Middle Ages When We Read Aristotle?”
- Dimitris Vardoulakis (Western Sydney University)
“Aristotle’s Phronesis: a Hidden Presence in Political Philosophy?”
- Guillaume Navaud (Lycée Henri IV)
“Correcting/Cancelling Evil in Literature: a Resurgence of an Anti-Aristotelian Platonism?”
- Davide Panagia (Political Science, UCLA)
“Aristotle’s Political Theory of Media”
- Giulia Sissa (Political Science, Comparative Literature and Classics, UCLA)
“Aristotle’s Error. And Why It Is Still Bad for Women”
- Anthony Pagden (Political Science, UCLA)
“Natural Slavery, yet Another Paradigmatic Error”
- Ziyaad Bhorat, Discussant (USC Dornsife Center for Science, Technology, & Public Life; Berggruen Institute; Harvard University Carr Center for Human Rights Policy)
Co-sponsored by UCLA Program in Experimental Critical Theory and UCLA Department of Political Science.
Register to attend online with Zoom.