- This event has passed.
Global Humanisms Digital Humanities Forum
Los Angeles, CA (CALIFORNIA) 90095 + Google Map
Organized by Chris Johanson (Classics and Digital Humanities, UCLA) and Zrinka Stahuljak (CMRS-CEGS, UCLA).
This workshop will serve as a forum on Digital Humanities research in Cultural Heritage sites. The focus will be on the Eastern Adriatic sites over a long period of time (300-1600). The Eastern Adriatic, with its rich ancient, late antique, medieval and Renaissance cultural heritage presents exceptional opportunities – hitherto little explored compared to the rest of the Mediterranean – for new research. Members of the GLOHUM (Global Humanisms) Project, financed by a joint grant from the European Commission (European Union) and the Croatian National Science Foundation (co-PIs, Miljenko Jurković and Zrinka Stahuljak), will present their DH research in conversation with members of the UCLA Digital Humanities Program.
- Global Humanisms (GLOHUM) – New Perspectives on the Middle Ages (300-1600) – Redefining Periodizations – Prof. Miljenko Jurković (University of Zagreb)
- Humanism and Renaissance in a Local Community: The Case Study of Rab from a Historical Perspective – Prof. Neven Budak (University of Zagreb)
- GLOHUM Project in the Context of Digital Humanities – Jelena Behaim, PhD
- Transformations of the Historical Territory of Eastern Adriatic: Approaches and Potentials
Social and Economic Aspects of Spatial Transformations
- Many Faces of Landscape Transformation: Two Case Studies from Eastern Adriatic
Ivor Kranjec and Filip Lovrić
Join the live stream on Zoom or attend in person in Royce 306.
Register on Zoom to attend remotely.
Register on Google Docs to attend in-person.