- This event has passed.
Global Humanisms Digital Humanities Forum
Los Angeles, CA (CALIFORNIA) 90095 + Google Map
Organized by Chris Johanson (Classics and Digital Humanities, UCLA) and Zrinka Stahuljak (CMRS-CEGS, UCLA).
This workshop will serve as a forum on Digital Humanities research in Cultural Heritage sites. The focus will be on the Eastern Adriatic sites over a long period of time (300-1600). The Eastern Adriatic, with its rich ancient, late antique, medieval and Renaissance cultural heritage presents exceptional opportunities – hitherto little explored compared to the rest of the Mediterranean – for new research. Members of the GLOHUM (Global Humanisms) Project, financed by a joint grant from the European Commission (European Union) and the Croatian National Science Foundation (co-PIs, Miljenko Jurković and Zrinka Stahuljak), will present their DH research in conversation with members of the UCLA Digital Humanities Program.
- Global Humanisms (GLOHUM) – New Perspectives on the Middle Ages (300-1600) – Redefining Periodizations – Prof. Miljenko Jurković (University of Zagreb)
- Humanism and Renaissance in a Local Community: The Case Study of Rab from a Historical Perspective – Prof. Neven Budak (University of Zagreb)
- GLOHUM Project in the Context of Digital Humanities – Jelena Behaim, PhD
- Transformations of the Historical Territory of Eastern Adriatic: Approaches and Potentials
Social and Economic Aspects of Spatial Transformations
- Many Faces of Landscape Transformation: Two Case Studies from Eastern Adriatic
Ivor Kranjec and Filip Lovrić
Join the live stream on Zoom or attend in person in Royce 306.