This application is for graduate students applying as Fellows to the following Winter/Spring Quarter 2018 Seminars in Teaching Excellence (STE): Language Expertise and Course Design and Assessment Techniques. The application for Fall 2017 has closed. This application is due on or before Friday, June 23, 2017.
Each candidate must fulfill the following criteria in order to be eligible to apply to the Mellon-EPIC Fellowship in Teaching Excellence:
- Candidate’s home department must be part of the Humanities Division or the Department of History at UCLA. For a list of Humanities departments please see: http://humanities.ucla.edu/academics/departments/
- Candidate must be enrolled full-time during the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Candidate must have at least one full quarter of TA experience at UCLA by Winter 2017.
- Candidate must be in good academic standing with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Candidate must arrange for a UCLA faculty member to send an email referral on his/her behalf. The referral must be sent by the faculty member directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and it must speak to the candidate’s commitment to excellence in teaching in the humanities and/or advocacy of TA training at UCLA. Please advise your faculty recommender to submit a .pdf file. The faculty referral is also due on Friday, June 23, 2017.
- The ideal Fellow will be between years two and five of their Ph.D. study, however compelling candidates that do not satisfy this criterion will also be considered.