This application is for graduate students applying as Fellows to the following Fall 2017 Seminars in Teaching Excellence (STE): Inclusive Teaching and Excellence in Teaching. Seminars are scheduled to meet weekly on Fridays between 2 pm – 5 pm, however faculty leads and participants may decide to adjust meetings times and days as appropriate. This application is due on or before Friday, May 5, 2017.
Each candidate must fulfill the following criteria in order to be eligible to apply to the Mellon-EPIC Fellowship in Teaching Excellence:
- Candidate’s home department must be part of the Humanities Division or the Department of History at UCLA. For a list of Humanities departments please see: http://humanities.ucla.edu/academics/departments/
- Candidate must be enrolled full-time during the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Candidate must have at least one full quarter of TA experience at UCLA by Fall 2017.
- Candidate must be in good academic standing with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Candidate must arrange for a UCLA faculty member to send an email referral on his/her behalf. The referral must be sent by the faculty member directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and it must speak to the candidate’s commitment to excellence in teaching in the humanities and/or advocacy of TA training at UCLA. The faculty referral is also due on Friday, May 5, 2017.
- The ideal Fellow will be between years two and five of their Ph.D. study, however compelling candidates that do not satisfy this criterion will also be considered.